Students were also challenged to use Adobe Photoshop CS6 to create this project, instead of Pixlr, which is what they'd been using up until this point. As much as some of them resisted using Photoshop because "it's just too much," all of them embraced it for this project and their logo designs turned out awesome. I was super impressed with every single one!
I then sent over a folder to Chris of all of the designs, and the EdCamp team voted on their favorite. Here's the one that won, and will now be on the top of the flyer for the EdCamp Express event coming up in May! (Spoiler: this student is ecstatic that her logo is being published for a big conference event! --as she should be! This is pretty awesome for a high schooler to have happen to them!)
And here's the flyer that will be distributed to advertise EdCamp Express:
Although only one student's logo "won", they all were awesome and very creative (and uniquely different!) in my book. Here's the rest of the logo designs from this project/contest. Side note: I really love doing these type of practical, "real-life" projects in my classroom. I find them so much more engaging and interesting to the students because they're work is being showcased (and in this case, voted upon!) in the outside world.